Thursday, October 18, 2007

Isn't life funny...

I just have been thinking lately how time flies. When you are living through experiences, they feel like they are happening so slow. Then all of a sudden, it's over and it's years later, and all you can do is think, "WOW....where did time go?" I remember in high school thinking that I would NEVER be done with that stage of my life. I loved high school, but you get to the point where, of course, you want to move on! Now...not only am I done with high school, but I have also graduated from college, gotten married, AND had a child! Where did it all go? I look back on all the periods of my life with fondness and am so thankful for the good and the bad that has molded me into the person I am today. I think of my life living on my own, starting with that first duplex off Center Street in Provo! (Thanks Brenda for finding that place and being the big sister I never had...even if you lectured me when I felt I didn't need it! :) ) Then off to Roman Gardens...wow! The memories there. Too much fun! (Thanks Hope for coming with me and continuing our late night talks, etc. together!!! You are right...I WOULD turn 21 before I knew it!!!! Dang it!!! :) ) Then on to Mountainwood where I would finish out my time in Provo. (Thanks Kendra, Tara, Debbie, and Margo for ALL the amazing memories!!!) Then moving a bit north to Sandy, Utah to live with my AMAZING CA-ZIN!!!! Those were such fun times that I will always cherish! Then moving even more North to Salt Lake so I could be closer to my amazing boyfriend...now husband....Brian! :) KT....even though it was short and you ran away to Africa when I got married....I'll never forget those days! :) And then to my house with my husband here in downtown Salt Lake.....I can't believe the life we have created together. It's been so amazing and such an experience. I LOVE YOU BRIAN!


Anyway: I don't know what made me write this! Sorry to bore you with part of my life's journey. :) There are so many friends that I have made and so many experiences that I would love to share, but don't worry! I won't! This all kinda started by me finding the first picture Brian and I were in together. :) So I wanted to share that, and now here is this post you can read along with it! :) Then I just wanted to share a few photos of our life together. :) So the first one is our first photo. The letter is a letter to my bro, Matt, that was on his mission in LA, CA! Then the next one is just from one of our visits to CO, and then the last is one of our engagment photos that my amazing brother, Brandon, took! I know they are random, but enjoy! :)


6 comments:

bribets said...

Hey! I think I've seen that engagement photo somewhere. It would look really good against a burgandy wall...maybe you could do that in your new house.

Also, little did you know that moving up to SL closer to your BF would bring you to me!!! Or me to you...either way... Hooray!

Brenda said...

You are to cute! Sorry about all the advice way back when, I thought I knew what I was talking about! I love reading about your life! But what's even more, I love being a part of it!

Sharalea said...

i love walking down Memory Lane...thanks for the stroll down yours! Good times...

Emily said...

I think you have caught on to blogging quite nicely, my cazin! Love you! I will always cherish those times we lived together--that was a blast! I did the same thing you just did...I took a trip down memory lane, bc I watched my videos from college and my scrapbooks and it made me think that time flew so fast! ANd it made me get in contact with a lot of old college friends...it is kinda sad how fast time goes...but it is fun to remember them!

jan said...

Oh my little Ashley is growing up. I would just like to add that you have outgrown stuffing all your pictures and stuff under your bed and screaming at your mom from the top of the stairs. And then I remember fun fashion shows and lamenting why that dang Brian didn't call. Cherish the time while you are in it, right?

Jill said...

I love this post! You are so cute. It's fun to reminisce and think about the past. Time sure does fly by but I believe it gets better and better!! Good luck with your new adventures. Hang in there...just like you said in the moment times seem soooo long (like selling your house), but it WILL sale and you'll be in a new phase of your life soon!! Love ya girl.