Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Dumb me...I didn't take ONE picture of us on Mother's Day?! I'll have to do that today, for sure. After all...an event didn't really happen unless we have photos of it to scrapbook, right?! :)

Anyway: I wish everyone out there a Happy Mother's Day! We had a great one at the Van Camp home. Brian started early...and brought me home flowers on Saturday. Then he let me sleep as late as I wanted on Sunday! (FABULOUS!!!) Then when I woke up, he made me sit in a chair and open presents. (Are you serious...how could you have a better start to the day?! :) ) He is SO THOUGHTFUL and fabulous! He gave me 2 gift bags. Each one represented a "day" I get to have. The first one is a family day....a year long zoo pass for our family, with a gift card to Wendy's for lunch afterwards, and a big blanket to be used as our park blanket (although it's too cute to be used as such and has now just become my new cuddly blanket! :) ). The second bag is a personal day for me... filled with a book, a dark chocolate candy bar (MY FAVE!), and a gift certificate for a spa day. Then he gave me a card (he even made it himself!!! :) In the card he told me he is taking Friday off work and I get to pick one of the "days" I wanted to do first. A day at the spa for myself (FABULOUS!) or a day with my family at the zoo (FABULOUS as well)! Well...what did I pick you ask?! We're going to the zoo!!! We need a fun family day, and I'm so excited!!

Then we cooked breakfast together (he was going to cook for me, but I wanted to help), hung out, and then went to church. Then afterwards, he helped me finish up, as best we could, my stamping room. It looks so great, especially compared to what it used to! :) I posted pictures of that room on my stamping blog, http://www.designwithink.blogspot.com/ if you want to check that out.

After all this, he cooked me an amazing dinner! Steaks on the grill (THEY WERE AMAZING!), potatoes, a YUMMY salad, muffins, and then brownie sundae for dessert. Then we hung out as a family, talked to our moms, and just had fun. After Kylie went to bed we watched the Survivor Finale (although our DVR didn't tape the first hour and 45 mins!!! We were DYING!! At least we got to see who won although it made us mad! :) ). It was a PERFECT day!

I am just so thankful that I have such an amazing husband! I can't believe I got as lucky as I did to have him as my husband! He is such a good husband, father, supporter...he's so talented, amazing, handsome, and we have so much fun together! Thanks Babe for an amazing day and I hope you know how much I love you!! Thank you for taking so good care of us and making it possible to stay at home with Kylie every day! I am so thankful as well to have the most beautiful daughter, inside and out! :) We have SO MUCH FUN together. My fave sound is her sweet laugh, and we both get the giggles a lot during the day. She's so funny and has the best personality. I am so lucky to get to stay at home with her and play everyday.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

1 comments:

Jill said...

Brian rocks!!!! What awesome gifts. So thoughtful and fun. I love it!!!!! You deserve it all.

That sucks you missed half of Survivor. It was so good...except I wanted Amanda to win!