Monday, October 27, 2008

More Zoo Time...

No....this is not a repeat of last post. :) This post is about another trip to the zoo. Kylie talks about the animals she sees at the zoo all the time, so we decided to head back last week. Betsy and Sophie ended up joining us this time. It was so much fun. We rode the little train they have there, along with the carousel this time. (The girls actually rode that twice.) It was a lot of fun and they were SO CUTE! I'm sure we'll go back to the zoo soon, but maybe I'll stop posting the photos about it and post something else. :) Anyway....here are the pics from our day...

We first went to the monkeys. The girls LOVED watching them all run around. They were HYPER today and just running all over. (The monkeys...not the girls...although the girls did have their share of running around too. :) ) I don't know if you can see in the 2nd photo, but the "grandpa" monkey came RIGHT UP to the glass and stared at the girls. It was SO CUTE. The girls just stared back, in awe.

Then we went outside to see the monkeys out there. There was a little baby monkey and it was SO CUTE! He was SO HYPER! He was running SO FAST all around, while mommy and daddy monkey sat there nibbling on grass (and to be honest.....looked so tired!). It was so cute to watch them.


There is this big metal elephant by the real elephants. I tried to get a photo with Kylie...but as you can tell...she wasn't too thrilled. :) That face....so funny. :) This elephant makes weird noises and it's a bit freaky. Kylie seems to like that part though.

There is a little tunnel you can walk under where there are 2 windows to watch the Rhino's in. Turns out...one was at the window munching on some grass. It was so crazy to see them so close. Kinda cool.


LUNCH TIME! I forgot to pack a lunch, so I grabbed some Wendy's before we got there. Kylie wanted NOTHING to do with her chicken nuggets and just wanted whatever Sophie was eating. It was SO FUNNY when Sophie started feeding Kylie her yogurt. :) I love how she shows Kylie how to open her mouth big and wide for a bite! :) Then Kylie grabs Sophie's apple and digs in. Betsy was the one with the "magic bag" this time. :) (Usually I have some snacks for the girls in my purse when we go out. This time...it was all Betsy! Kylie wanted everything that came out of their lunch bag. It was too cute! :) )

This train ride was TOO CUTE! Kylie was TOTALLY into it....as you can tell from the look on her face in that last picture. She would just look all around and try to figure out what was all around her. It was TOO much fun. In that 2nd picture...you might notice Sophie munching on something. We wanted to get a picture so we had Kylie take the Starburst out of her mouth. She handed it to Sophie to hold, and Sophie just grabs it and pops it in her mouth. It took Kylie a minute but then she started looking around noticing the bad deal she got. :) Maybe you had to be there, but Betsy and I couldn't stop laughing. It was so funny! Anyway: Kylie did NOT want to get off this train. She loved it!


After the train, it was on to the Conservative Carousel they just put in. All the animals on the carousel are endangered species. The money the raised building this (people donated $5000 to have a plaque with their name on it under each animal), I believe went to save these animals. Anyway: this was Kylie's first ride. She DEFINITELY did NOT want to get off. She loved it. Look at my big girl.....she's growing so fast!

Although I try....Kylie does NOT look at the camera when I get it out. So thanks, Betsy, for taking 100 photos to try to get one of her looking at the camera. Maybe one day! :)

Sophie was NOT happy that I made her look at me to take a picture. She was watching herself go round and round in the mirrors. :) But hey....she listened to me and actually looked at me! :) So thanks Sophie!

This is Kylie's second ride around. We went with a zebra this time. Look at my big girl!!!! (Again....so annoyed the camera was out!)

Look at these two! Ok...the most awesome thing about this day is that practically NO ONE was there! Usually it's so crowded, but it was GREAT having the place pretty much to ourselves! So these girls took advantage of it. They ran around like crazy. And how cute are they...holding hands and walking around. It was so cute! :) By the end of the day...Sophie was a bit sick of it, but it was so cute while it lasted! :) Thanks girls for a fun time!

4 comments:

Brenda said...

Seriously, so cute! I love how the look on her face just shows how she's taking it all in. Adorable!

Emily said...

CUTE!!! FUN! I didn't know the zoo had so much! Cute BFF's!!!

Kasia said...

Kylie is so cute!! I love her bangs. what a good mom to take her to the zoo twice in a month.

bribets said...

That was way fun! The girls had such a blast. If and when I get to the day of scrapbooking this event, will you send me your pictures? I already forgot about the funny yogurt-feeding. Hilarious!