Saturday, February 2, 2008

Yes! It's true! Opinions are needed please!!!

Ok...if anyone reading this knows me at all, you know my obsession is Stampin' Up! Well...I am submitting some things to them to be a helper at our big convention held each year. (It's the 20th year anniversary celebration!!!!) So I need some thoughts on my first run of items that I've made. We have to make a 6 x 6 brag book page, either an 8 1/2 x 11 or 12 x 12 scrapbook page, and 3 cards. So these are my 5 items....WHAT DO YOU THINK? Should I start from scratch? Should I just replace some things? Do you like something but think it's needs different colors or something else? What's your fave? What should I make sure stays in? Just thought this would be a great way to get some thoughts from everyone! Even if you've never commented before or don't know me...please feel free to let me know! :) THANKS!!!!

So all the items together....

8 1/2 x 11 scrapbook page

6 x 6 brag book page

Card #1 That flower is actually a bunch of circles punches folded really cool. It looks better in real life, promise! :)

Card #2 This is a fun circle card that opens where the ribbon is tied. The center is really glittery, and again...does look better in read life.

Card #3 I just realized I don't have an up and close picture of that one, but it's the one with the gray background (Basic Gray for you SU lovers) with the pink flower (Regal Rose) in the middle with the matching Regal Rose ribbon. The flower is up on dimensionals and the phrase on it says, "embrace life."

So what do you think?!?!

9 comments:

Emily said...

I like the birthday card the best--but all are very very cute! You are so talented! I remember your first card! ha ha...remember? You put a ribbon on it and your face lit up--you loved it so much! So funny! Well, lots of snow today--I will call you tomorrow and let you know if I am coming tomorrow (MOn) or Tues!

Mandy said...

WAY CUTE!! I think they are all awesome. And you are awesome too :)

Jill said...

You know I love them all! Great job...you are so creative. I love to see your work! Good luck...I hope they pick you!

Kim said...

Hey, Jill Kirk told me to come to your site and see your stuff. They are super cute!! the ONLY thing I would change is on the baby page... switch out the elephant for the sailboat. I just LOVE the sailboat. :) You are seriously gifted. I love all the color combos and everything. Good job!

Brenda said...

I'm no judge at the crafty stuff, but it all looks pretty dang cute to me!

jan said...

Love you color choices. You are the best!

Christy said...

You don't know me, I'm actually a friend of Brian's from BYU-I. I found your blog on Brendan's page, and I'm so glad I did. I work at Heartland Paper (a scrapbook store in Bountiful) and love seeing others ideas and creativity at work! I also love Stampin Up stuff, so I just wanted to tell you that you have some excellent stuff here. My favorite is the birthday card as well - that is an awesome way to use the circle punch. Also, I love the friend card. My daughter's name is Daisy, and I love how "happy" that card is, and you can never have too much glitter! Did you stitch along the petals, or just draw on stitching? I love that look. Oh, and keep the elephant, it's adorable. You are very talented. Thanks for sharing your stuff.

Aubrie said...

I agree with everyone else...they are all super cute but my fav by far is the b'day card! I think they are all fabulous. I'm impressed!

Candy said...

Very cute! Love that folded flower. Love the saying "rock a bye" and the little elephant. And your summer page looks very fresh and happy. YOu did great!