Friday, December 5, 2008

Gift of Music....

So what is this you ask?!?!? Why....it's a new addition to our family!!!! Meet our new piano! :) We are SO EXCITED! Here's the story....Brian's mom is a piano genius. She can turn a old broken piano into a work of art! Now....I have no musical ability, but I really want my kids to! And Kylie LOVES LOVES LOVES music. Every time she sees a piano...she runs to it and wants to play on it. So....we have been bugging Brian's mom to get us one. :) (What?! We aren't needy! :) ) She had been talking about finding one and coming to fix it out here. But we knew she was having problems finding one. Well...on Monday she called to tell me to expect a delivery the next day. I was expecting the postman to bring whatever this delivery was. What a SURPRISE it was to me to see a guy standing on my porch with a piano in a truck behind him! I could NOT believe it! It was SUCH a SURPRISE!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH MOM!!!!! She ended up finding on that BYU was getting rid of. It looks/works great still so she doesn't even have to do anything to it. (Well....except tune it when she comes out to visit. Although it's not like I could tell if it was out of tune or anything, so I think we're ok here! :) ) Kylie and I were so excited and had a lot of fun pretending we could play the piano all day. :) Now I have to try to have some musical ability so that I can play a song when she comes to visit in March! :) We are so excited though and love it so much! It's gotten lots of use already this week! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU!!!!

We have it in our living room, which is just to the right when you come in the front door.





Look how cute this sweetie is playing the piano. :) This last pic....she's trying to do the "slide" (or whatever that's called) and it's so cute. She always wants to play it together, and it's so much fun. I am so excited she loves music!!! :)

5 comments:

Megan said...

How fun! I am jealous! :) I took lessons when I was younger and hated them butnow I am mad that I didn't stick with it. :)
Kylie is so stinkin cute! She looks like she is having so much fun! :)

Michelle said...

That's so awesome!!! Brian's mom is EXCELLENT at piano...I always liked it when I was over and she was giving a lesson or practicing a duet or something. Go Kylie!

Brenda said...

I hear it's not good to covet. Congrats and put it to good use!

Emily said...

That is so cool! :) She will be a famous pianist one day! I think she and Bay should get together adn Bay should sing and Kylie play the piano! :) Bay is always singing on her micrphone--Kylie looks so old in those pics! Cute girl!

Kathy Rose said...

How nice is that! I am jealous...someday I will have a piano in my house too. :)