Thursday, July 10, 2008

Fun Summer Days...

I am totally loving these summer days. Utah is a bit hot these days, and sometimes too hot, but it's not snow so I'm not complaining! Kylie LOVES to go outside, so we go out in our backyard a lot during the day. I'm so thankful for a fabulous backyard with a fence and everything so we can enjoy this weather. Kylie has this water table toy that she loves as well, even if it gets her a little wet. So we spend a lot of time filling that up and playing with that. We also play a game we learned from "Yo! Gabba, Gabba!" if anyone has seen that show. A bit annoying, really, but we did learn something fun with it. Anyway: we sing "Run in a Circle, now, Run in a Circle" while we are doing just that...running around. Then I say, "Now, Freeze!" Well Kylie gets in this squatting position with her arms out and totally freezes and gets this huge smile on her face. It's hilarious. I just laugh my head off and we both totally enjoy it. It's fun when Daddy gets playing too. :) Anyway: what fun summer activities are you doing and enjoying?! Kids are so much fun! They just really make life interesting and make you enjoy so much more!!!
Kylie is coming down on hill now so we can play the "Run in a Circle" game. She just loves it and laughs and smiles the whole time.

I just LOVE this picture of her. I think it's so cute and precious!
This is the water table she loves to play with. Many of our days have been spent here. Kylie will even bring me a pitcher and say, "More water" if it's even a little bit empty.

As far as a "What is Kylie doing these days" update...Kylie is talking SO MUCH these days. She is putting words together, repeats everything after us, and just talks all the time. (We have to majorly watch what we say now! I dropped a cup of fruit that was in our fridge the other day, and got juice everywhere. I said, "Crap!" and Kylie immediately starts saying, "Crap! Crap!" It was kinda funny, but still....gotta watch it! :) ) Our favorite thing she says is when she eats something yummy that she likes she says, "Mmmmmmm...Delicious." It's so funny how she says it. She knows all her colors, can kinda count (skips 1, but does 2, 3, and 4), and says SO MANY words I couldn't even mention them all. She put on this pink boa today that Grandma Van Camp got her for her birthday (Thanks Grandma!!! She LOVES it!) and as she wraps it around her she says, "Pretty! Pretty Pink!" (It's pink by the way.) Anyway: it's lots of fun. My little buddy and I have lots of fun during the day! On a not so positive note...she throws HUGE tantrums too. She will just have some major freak outs if I tell her no on anything. The fun Terrible Two's, I guess. Any thoughts on how to nip these in the bud? :) I am always telling her to be patient (because you can never do anything for her fast enough) so it's funny when she says "patience" too. So there are a few Kylie stories. Enjoy! :)

1 comments:

Emily said...

That is so cute! Bay loved that water thing, too! It is a fun toy! Also, I have to watch what I say too, I said "Shite"--really not the other word, I said "Shite" and Bay repeated it...and we both laughed and so she kept repeating it, of course! ha ha! Funny! Gotta love kids! Cute pics!