Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th!!!

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!!

I hope everyone has a FABULOUS 4th of July and enjoys all their celebrations! I will post photos of our days activities later on tonight, when they've all happened. :) But I wanted to do a special post dedicated to my amazing Grandma. She passed away in October of 2000, yet it feels like just yesterday at times. I miss her SO MUCH. She was such an amazing woman. And she LOVED the 4th of July. I always think of her on this day and so I wanted to record my thoughts today. I remember whenever we were visiting for the 4th, there would be many a celebration. We would start out the day EARLY at the big Provo parade (some started even earlier...3am-ish...to make sure we had seats). Then we would usually have a big picnic at the park, play time on the front yard, and OF COURSE our own fireworks show before we would watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks. I'll never forget those times and the way her face would light up when she was watching the fireworks in the sky. I guess I get my love of America from her, because I LOVE the 4th as well! Anyway: Happy 4th Grandma!

Isn't she BEAUTIFUL! This was taken at my brother's wedding...just shortly before she passed.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

what a sweet tribute to your Grandma Brown.

Brenda said...

That was such a sweet post! I'm sure you remember her getting up at 4am for us to save us seats for the parade. And yes, she was a pretty lade but she was even more beautiful inside.