Monday, July 28, 2008

CONGRATS BRIAN!!!!!

Well...all his hard work paid off again! He GRADUATED this past week with his Master's in Banking that he's been working on. It's a 3 year program and most of it is done online throughout the year. However, they all meet up at CU-Boulder during July for 2 weeks for classes. (I think I might have explained that already in a past post so sorry if that was repeat!) Anyway: this last year they did a bank simulation program and were divided up into groups where they managed their own bank (pretend bank...of course...all on this computer program) and made all the decisions for their bank. While they did this for just 2 weeks...the time period for their bank was really 2 years. Well...out of all the banks in his community...HIS BANK WAS NUMBER ONE THE WHOLE TIME!!! So he ended at "top of his class" you could say! :) We're so proud of him and all his hard work!!! Brian and I got to go to his graduation on Thursday night. There was a reception before and it was fun to mingle and stuff while Kylie was home with my parents. Then my parents took us out the next night in celebration as well. So we were lucky enough to have a few night to celebrate the Brian we all love so much!!! CONGRATS, BRIAN!!! I'm so proud of you and love you so much! Thanks for all you do for our family! (He really is amazing...if any of you were wondering or had any doubts! :) I am SO LUCKY to have him as my husband, and I am well aware! :) )


Brian with his degree! (Well...the folder anyway. As you are probably well aware...they send the actual certificate in the mail later.

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Congrats Brian, and I wouldn't have expected anything less than his bank being number 1!!! Way to go!

Michelle said...

Hooray!!! Congrats Brian! Who knew that 15 years ago you would have gotten a degree in BANKING of all things!! But really, it's a huge success for you...I know how hard it is to be starting a family and getting a masters. Kenny, Charlie and I are very proud of you. Now, come to Illinois so we can celebrate!

Brenda said...

Congrats Brian! I loved reading all about your days in CO. Which, by the way, is why I didn't call you! You were gone by the time I was in Utah:( Come see me!!!!!

KT said...

Way to go Brian! Tell him not to let the banks fail just yet. I mean, another Great Depression would be fun (like perma camping!), but it's the rainy season in Florida and I'm about the have a baby and all...

I've been reading a lot of doomsday books out loud in a weak attempt to bore this child out of my womb... Maybe I've scared her with all my research on the looming economic collapse?

Emily said...

Congrats!!! That's awesome!!! YEAH!

Emily said...

Oh, I forgot to mention what a pretty pic that is of you guys! You look great Ash!

Ted said...

brian,

since everyone else is showering you with adulation and praise, allow me to be the first to say "you suck." glad to see you got a masters in "cooking the books." remember, it is always important to bail out before anyone figures out the accounting is off. when they come after you, deny deny deny...then blame it on the peons beneath you. and finally, when all else fails, transfer your families stash of siphoned bank funds to UBS bank in Switzerland and high-tail it out of the country to live out your remaining days as an expatriate in a hillside villa in a war-torn country where the US dollar actually still has an upper hand on the local currency (that narrows it down to about 10 countries, so you don't have much of a choice). i hear Nigeria has some lovely vistas...

in all seriousness though, congratulations and good job.

brandi said...

Great job, pretty impressive!!