Thursday, November 1, 2007

Happy Halloween!!!

(I apologize in advance for the length of this post!...you have been warned!) I hope all of you had a fabulous and safe Halloween! We had a great one! We went to our friends house so our two daughters could go Trick or Treating together. This was Kylie's first time trick or treating!! It was so much fun! The dads and the girls went trick or treating while the moms stayed home and passed out candy. The moms did get to go to the first door though! When the dads and girls came back...we even decorated sugar cookies. (Ok...more like frantically spread some frosting on them and ate them as fast as we could. :) What? It was late and the girl's had to get in bed. We had to squeeze in that last minute sugar rush...right?!)


Anyway: it was a fabulous evening. Thanks Young's! I would love to hear all about everyone's Halloween though, so post on your blog, send me an email with pictures, telegram, or messenger carrier pigeon or something...but I want to hear/see!

What was Kylie for Halloween you might ask?! Well....I guess it's time for the show!! (Sorry for the million pictures!



Yes...our little girl was a chick! She looked ABSOLUTELY adorable in her costume and it was SO FUNNY to see how much she LOVED it! I actually tried it on in the store, and she did NOT want me to take it off. :) She just walked around and around and laughed her head off. I was cracking up myself. She seriously thought she was so funny. I never thought she would want to wear it, and especially didn't think she'd keep the hood part on, but she didn't care at all. She was excited to put it on. SO FUN!!

It took a few houses for Kylie to figure it out, but she did figure out that every house you went to someone answered and gave you something fun to hold/eat. So then she started booking it to the doors. At one house she had the chance to pick a container of Play-Doh or candy. What did she pick? Why candy of course! :) Smart kid!
After it was all figured out in their heads, once the girls got to the door...they knew to knock and just reach their hand out. Something fun and shiny (and probably yummy) would be placed in their hand or bucket.

Kylie always had to have something in each of her hands. She couldn't leave the candy in her bucket....she had to reach in and get it right away.


They actually were gone longer than I thought they would make it. The dads and their girls had a lot of fun together and came home just laughing with the dads telling us all the stories. I just had to laugh at my little chick trying to climb up the front stair.

Is this not the cutest chick you have ever seen?! She was excited to get inside and see her mama, so I was excited for that! My little Trick or Treater.
Notice the candy in both hands. She even became known as "the candy thief" by the end of the night because she would go to her friend's bucket and try to take her candy out.

Not a happy chick being made to stop and take a picture where there was candy to see and eat. Notice the Butterfinger? Well....as I said she always had to have something in each of her hands while they were walking around. So Brian let her. At one point Brian thought he started to smell a Butterfinger. So he looks down and Kylie figured out how to open it herself...just chew through the wrapper! She had eaten almost all of the Butterfinger she had in her hand! She doesn't get many sweets at home so I guess she wanted to live it up while she could! Happy Halloween everyone! Hope you had a great night!

3 comments:

bribets said...

Thanks for the fun night! We love Kylie and are so happy we could be friends!

Sharalea said...

fun times!

Emily said...

WOW, that was a long one! But very cute...I thought she was a duck...are you sure she was a chick? It looked like a duck--I am not very good with animals...I always tell Bailey the wrong kind of animal..ask Bryson..ha ha...looked like you had fun. (I finally figured out who Betsy was!--Well, I asked Mandy--I thought she was a long lost relative, ha ha... :)--What was her cute little girl?)