Tuesday, March 10, 2009

THE DAY CAME!!!!

One month and a day after this bright pink thing was put on her broken arm....
IT CAME OFF!!!!! On January 26th, we went to the orthopedic and got her CAST OFF!!!! YEAH!!! I was so excited! We didn't get any pics (sad) but I just have to say....she did SUCH a good job! I was worried sick about how she would react to the SAW that was going to cut it off. (Ok...so maybe I was a little worried sick about how I would react! :) I never had a broken bone so didn't know what I was getting in to but knew I didn't want a saw coming towards my baby's arm!) The ortho also told us that kids kinda freak out most times when you take off the cast because the last thing they remember before they had it was that it hurt. But they were fine with the cast so they don't want it off. Anyway: I prepped her all week and kept talking to her about it. I told her that it was going to be loud, but she would be ok, etc, etc. Well....we walk into the doc's office and she says, "It's going to be loud. But I'm ok." :) So she seemed to remember. :) Anyway: she LAUGHED the whole time it came off. I was SO PROUD of her! She did NOT want to move it afterwards and was a bit upset all day when she would accidentally move it or if we asked her to move it or something. But she did SUCH a great job and I was SO IMPRESSED!!!! Oh....and yes...as much as she loved to show people her cast when she had it, she LOVED to tell them all about it being taken off too! Everyone she saw wherever we went, she would hold up her "special arm" (what we called her broken arm during this whole ordeal) and say, "It went BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ and then CAST OFF!" all excited. :) Too cute. :)

0 comments: